got this fun idea here.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? definitely hot chocolate. egg nog = ick.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? wrap!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? i grew up having colored lights, but for my own house i think i might do less color. i usually go for a more simple look.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? we always had it in 2 doorways growing up, and yes, i want it in my house too!
5. When do you put your decorations up? anytime AFTER thanksgiving :)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? ham. mmmmm. and a big breakfast on christmas. which isn't really holiday-specific, but i love it all the same.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? getting my new bike. i was around 8 i think. and my sweet rain sweatsuit the same year. it was awesome.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? honestly i'm not sure. i think i held onto it for awhile, thinking i still heard him in the middle of the night. maybe 8 or 9?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? we'd open the gift from our uncle on christmas eve when we were young. now that we don't get those, we don't open anything on christmas eve. except i want to start an open-pj's-on-christmas-eve thing...
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? we've only been able to decorate our own tree once since being married, but we just had white lights, gold tinsel stuff, and random, mix-match ornaments
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? love it on christmas, hate it pretty much all the other days!
12. Can you ice skate? umm it's like riding a bike, right? it's been awhile, but i'd go with yes.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? i got a huge stuffed bear one year from my uncle. it was soo soft and had a baby pink ribbon tied around the neck. it was almost the size of me! i LOVED it. still have it.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? being with family. making good memories and laughing a lot. remembering why we celebrate in the first place..
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? hmmm. don't know if i have a favorite. hot chocolate? ooh and reese's peanut butter trees!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? acting out the story of our Savior's birth with my family while my dad reads the story from the Bible and my mom takes pictures.
17. What tops your tree? a star!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? giving. i love going out and getting things for other people and watching them open their presents i've given. it feels so good :)
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? usually yuck. depends on the flavor-style.
20. Favorite Christmas show? muppet christmas carol!! and elf!
21. Saddest Christmas song? not sure i have one...
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? one of my favs is faith hill's 'where are you christmas?' from the grinch. also love anything christmas that michael buble or josh groban sing.